Sales Department Head
Cycle Loft is a progressive cycling retailer with a history going back to 1976, and a bright future in-store and online. Located in Burlington, MA, our mission is to provide cyclists of all levels with the highest quality bicycles, equipment, expertise, and repairs year-round. We sell the industry’s leading brands, invest in our team, and have an active marketing program to attract new customers. Our philosophy is one of inclusion - at Cycle Loft, “all riders are welcome.”
There’s never been a more exciting time to work in the cycling industry. Business is booming as people around the world are discovering, or rediscovering, that bicycles are healthy, fun, and environmentally friendly. If you are a talented retail leader with a passion for exceptional customer service, motivating teams, and have a joy for sales - we invite you to apply for our available Sales Department Head (SDH) position.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to make an immediate impact and build a career at one of the Northeast’s premier bicycle dealerships.
NOTE: Cycle Loft goes above and beyond to protect the health and safety of our team and customers - engaging in strict COVID19 precautions and protocols.
- Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- A positive, proactive, hands-on team player with a minimum of 2-3 years of Sales and Management experience (bicycle retail experience not required.)
- Excellent customer service, communication, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Meet monthly sales targets, both team and personal.
- Outgoing, friendly, flexible and resilient, enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and wearing many hats as needed.
- Supervisor of retail sales team of 12 full-time and part-time staff, overseeing training with strong coaching and sales skills.
- Responsible for front-of-the-house operations including opening, closing, staffing, scheduling, customer relations, processing online orders, among other duties.
- Key input in store layout and merchandising of products.
- Excellent computer fluency in Windows POS Systems, Word, and Excel.
- Open and close the store, as well as work some nights and weekends
- Manage seasonal staff and scheduling “in-season” (Mar-Sep,) and “off-season” (Oct-Feb.)
- Able to stand for 8-10 hours per day and lift boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Work closely with the leadership team: Service Department Head, General Manager, Lead Purchaser, Receiving Department Head and Owner to coordinate daily operations.
- Enforce strict COVID19 precautions and protocols.
- Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401k with company match after 1 year of full-time service.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after 1 year of full-time service.
- Company contribution to health care plan.
- Employee purchase benefits with premium brands such as Trek, Specialized, and Brompton.
- Continuing education programs, online and in-person.
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Jeffrey Palter at firstname.lastname@example.org